Today we (GabrielSZ, DiegoM, TimO and Lito) started a new project (aka project A) and I decided to (try to) write a post every day telling the story of the project. As you may image the first day our activities were:
- Kick-off: a short meeting where everybody get familiar with the project goals, timeframes and restrictions.
- Planning: the customer gave us a VERY rough idea of his needs and we took care of “backlogize” them (convert into a backlog the customer needs). This is usually misunderstood so I want to be very explicit: we clearly identified user stories, we estimated them and prioritized them according to the customer criteria. Finally we published the backlog for the customer to “play with it” (without modifying our estimates). Based on this backlog we will start our first iteration.
- Research: the project has some technical challenges so we had to make some research (just a couple of hours) before the planning, to be able to estimate.
- Setup: we made the infraestructure request for the project (repository, lists, tracking system, etc.)
To be continue…