My DevOps Practices Tutorial covers a set of tools that my not be easy to setup, so I created a Vagrant configuration to simplify this setup. It does not matter if have no idea about vagrant (you will learn about it during the tutorial) but ensure to perform the following tasks before attending the tutorial session:
- Install Git
- Install Virtual Box (version 5 o newer)
- Install Vagrant (version 2 o newer)
- Download this vagrantfile and place it in a directory
- Open a terminal and move to the directory where you placed the vagrantfile
- Run the command vagrant up, it will download some stuff from the cloud, so it may take some time (depending on your connection it could take around ~10 minutes)
- When the vagrant up completes, you should the message «Welcome to NicoPaez DevOps tutorial»
Un comentario en “DevOps Practices Tutorial: Preparation Instructions”
Hey, Nico! Thanks for the tutorial! I got an error, that was solved running «choco install virtualbox.extensionpack» (for those who don’t have chocolatey, install it first here: https://chocolatey.org/install). I tought it would be a good idea to post it here for someone who might have the same problem.
==> default: Running ‘pre-boot’ VM customizations…
==> default: Booting VM…
There was an error while executing `VBoxManage`, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.
Command: [«startvm», «221614d0-7af5-40fe-ac44-3cdbcdfe8b9e», «–type», «headless»]
Stderr: VBoxManage.exe: error: Implementation of the USB 2.0 controller not found!
VBoxManage.exe: error: Because the USB 2.0 controller state is part of the saved VM state, the VM cannot be started. To fix this problem, either install the ‘Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack’ or disable USB 2.0 support in the VM settings.
VBoxManage.exe: error: Note! This error could also mean that an incompatible version of the ‘Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack’ is installed (VERR_NOT_FOUND)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole